In this world where almost everybody is using smartphone, it is only wise for one to consider protecting their device from prying eyes which is why almost every smartphone user tend to apply some kind of security to their device.
Although, Locking your android phone is great but, it is also frustrating when you forget your password or pattern and are locked out of phone.
It is also natural for people to try and avoid unnecessary spending of money. So, if you forget your pattern or password, don’t worry about spending a dime to get it unlocked because am about to show you how to get it unlocked by yourself.
This method which I will be showing you, will reset your phone to its default. Which means your personal files and settings store in your phone’s memory will be gone. But not to worry, am going to also show you how to backup your information stored in your phone’s memory like apps, contacts, pictures, documents, musics, videos and anything on the phone’s memory to your SD card before reset your phone.
So lets get on with it.
Note: Your phone must be at least 50% charged and have enough space in your SD card for the backup (depending on the size of the files in your phone’s memory, you should need at 1GB of free space in your SD card).
Step one: Backing up your files
- Switch off your Android phone
- Hold the power button and the volume up button for 5 to 7 seconds until you see an android bot lying on your device screen (for Samsung phone: hold power button+volume up+Home button)
- Press the the volume up button to go to the recovery option.
- Scroll down to “Backup user data” using the volume down button
- Press volume up button to select it.
- Wait for your files to be backed up.
- Go back.
You have now successfully backed up your files to the SD Card. It’s now time to unlock your phone.
UNLOCKING YOUR ANDROID PHONE
- Scroll down to the 5th option; that is: “Wipe data/factory reset” and use the volume increase to select it
- You will see another screen with No and yes; scroll down Yes-Delete data to start the factory reset.
- Wait for your phone to reset.
- When the phone finished reset your settings; you will see notification in the bottom of the screen letting you know the data wipe has completed and you will be taking back to the options again.
- Select Reboot system to reboot the system.
It may take some time to boot for the first time, but hey, it’s worth the wait. So relax.
HOW DO I RESTORE MY FILES?
After the phone has finished booting go to file explorer then open your SD Card; go to backup and you will find your backup files there.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot to the recovery (Power+Volume up or power+volume up+Home button for Samsung Android)
- Scroll down to ‘Restore User data” and select it
- Navigate to backup in your SD Card and open it then select the file inside the folder.
- Wait for your files to be backed up
- Reboot the phone
That’s all, your files are now restored. Enjoy!
Drop a comment below if you have any questions or show some and share this post in your social media. Cheers!